BBQ Season is upon us!
Download the Summer 2014 Box Content list here: Summer 2014 Box List
If you ordered one of our great hampers full of meat, you know full well that BBQ season is on its way! So clean off the grill, sweep off the deck and prepare yourself for another great Canadian summer. Our Super Summer Meats has everything, and we mean everything to grill on the Q. All you have to decide is how people want it cooked. Rare, medium, or well-done. Last year, we added a new hamper - Sauces, Marinades & Spices. Filled with oodles of all sorts of great things to spice up your steak. It was hugely popular and made sure you had everything you needed to Grill all summer long!
Let’s talk about BBQ season for a moment. How many times do hungry people show up right around 4 o’clock and get real comfortable in your backyard? It happens to all of us. But being well-prepared is the key here. Consider the Super Summer Meats hamper. Filled to the brim with meat to everybody’s liking. Steaks. Fancy Burgers. Chicken breasts. Kebabs. Even two whole chickens! All you have to do is pull a few things out of the freezer, grab some drinks from the fridge and get your spouse to make a salad, and everyone will be happy. The new catalogue for summer is ready to shop! . If you already have a summer hamper on the way this year, we hope you enjoy it.
NY Striploin Steak with Gorgonzola Butter
- 4 New York Striploin Steak
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Squeeze Lemon juice
Make the Gorganzola Butter
- Beat cheese, butter and lemon juice until smooth, spoon onto a square of plastic wrap and shape into a log, using the plastic to help you along. (If it’s too difficult, chill the butter for a bit to firm it up.) Refrigerate until firm, then slice and serve atop grilled steak. Grill the Steaks!
- Rub the steaks down with spices (or just salt and pepper) or marinate them for an hour or two to infuse it with flavour. Let the meat come to room temperature before you begin to cook it. For a nice crust, pat it dry with paper towels before you grilling it. If you haven’t rubbed or marinated it, a good grinding of salt and pepper is a good idea.
- Whether on the grill or barbecue, when cooking a 1-inch thick steak, sear over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, then turn the heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes (for medium rare) to 7-8 minutes (for well done). Let rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it, or the juices will pour out, leaving your steak dry.
New York Striploin Steaks can be found in the Colossal Christmas, Beef Grill, Butcher’s Choice, Meat Lover’s, Great on the Grill and Sizzling Steaks Top Up Hampers!